Article 5.100: Fire
Article 5.200: Fireworks
Article 5.300: Arson Reward
Article 5.400: Firefighting at Controlled Burns
There is hereby adopted for the purpose of prescribing regulations governing conditions hazardous to life and property from fire and explosion The Standard Fire Prevention Code, 1997 Edition and the same is hereby incorporated by reference herein the same as if fully copied. (Ordinance adopting Code)
(State Law reference-Authority of municipality to regulate the use of fireworks, V.T.C.A., Local Government Code, Sec. 342.003.)
Sec. 5.201 Definitions
The term person as used in this article is hereby defined to mean and include: a person, firm, labor organizations, partnerships, associations, corporations, legal representatives, trustees in bankruptcy, or receivers.
Sec. 5.202 Throwing or Exploding Fireworks Unlawful
No person shall throw or explode any firecrackers, roman candles, skyrockets, torpedoes, grenades, or any other combustible fireworks of any kind within the city limits of Lorenzo, Texas.
Sec. 5.203 Public or Private Demonstrations or Displays
Nothing in this article shall prevent any public or private
demonstrations or display of fireworks of any kind if conducted
under proper police supervision after permission issued by the
City of Lorenzo, for such demonstration or display shall be of
such a character, and so located, discharged or fired, as in the
opinion of the city after proper
inspection shall not be hazardous to property or endanger any person or persons.
Sec. 5.204 Penalty for Violations
Any person in violation of this article shall be guilty of a misdemeanor and shall be fined in accordance with the general penalty provision found in Section 1.106 of this code.
(State Law reference-Provisions regarding arson, V.T.C.A., Penal Code, Sec. 28.01.)
Be it ordained by the city council of the City of Lorenzo; $250.00 will be paid for
information leading to the arrest and conviction of any person guilty of arson within the incorporate limits of the City of Lorenzo. This city council shall be the sole and exclusive judge in determining eligibility for the reward offered herein.
(Ordinance 84 adopted 7/9/97; Ordinance adopting Code)
(a) The city council hereby prescribes, approves, and adopts the following conditions for the Lorenzo Volunteer Fire Department in assisting with controlled burns:
(1) The owner and/or landlord will supply in writing a statement relieving the Lorenzo VFD and the City of Lorenzo of liability for any and all accidents and/or damages relating to assisting with the controlled bum.
(2) The owner and/or landlord must obtain all required permits, easements, and releases related to the burn.
(3) The owner and/or landlord will be responsible for informing neighbors, city and/or county emergency services, and/or any other government agency needing to be notified of the impending bum.
(4) The owner and/or landlord will be responsible for a fee as provided for in the fee schedule found in the appendix of this code for services payable to the VFD/City of Lorenzo.
(b) The Lorenzo City Council further prescribes, approves,
and adopts the following conditions to be met by the owner and/or
landlord relating to the Lorenzo Volunteer Fire Department members
(1) The owner and/or landlord will be expected to schedule with the VFD's members a time which does not conflict with work schedules and prior commitments or expect to compensate them for lost time.
(2) The VFD's scene time will be limited to the time deemed necessary by the department to have the controlled bum reach a confinable status. The owner and/or landlord will be responsible for overseeing and watching the fire until it has burned out.
(Ordinance 02-03-98 adopted 3/9/98