- Lorenzo Police Reserve Program
- Reserves are non-paid citizens that receive extensive training
to serve as "supplemental" and support police officers.
Lorenzo Police Reserves are never used to replace regular police
officers. Rather, reserve officers are used to supplement and
assist the patrol and detective duties. In addition, reserves
play a key role in all major events in Lorenzo; including parades,
4th of July activities, and sporting events. Reserves are also
called upon to assist when unexpected events occur such as flooding,
high winds, major crime scenes and disasters.
- Becoming a Lorenzo Police Reserve:
- We are currently authorized three (3) positions.
- Applications are accepted only as available.
- Applicants must have a solid background to apply.
- Minimum standards include:
- 21 years of age.
- Valid Texas drivers license.
- Citizen of the United States.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Fluently read and write the English language.
- Good health.
- Physically fit
- No felony convictions.
- No convictions of any crime which would preclude gun ownership
(including domestic violence assault)
- No arrests for offenses involving moral turpitude.
- No arrests indicating moral character of a questionable nature.
- Be regularly employed or a full time student.
- Good credit.
- Good work record.
- Good driving record.
- Very limited prior drug usage and, without exception, crime
and drug free for one year. This includes ANY crime even if you
were not arrested or charged (discovered during background investigation).
- Our commitment is to develop The Lorenzo Police Reserve
Program with an outstanding reputation, a pattern of high standards,
quality officers and exceptional service to the citizens of Lorenzo.
- Lorenzo Reserve Officers are expected to donate a minimum
of twenty hours per month, attend all required training, and
respond anytime, at all hours, when a call-out is activated.
- Reserve officer applicants must meet the same standards as
those of a regular Lorenzo Police Officer.
- Lorenzo Reserve Officers must successfully complete a Field
Training Program, similar to the Field Training Program required
of regular police officers. Reserve Officers have up to one year
to complete the Field Training Program
There is ongoing training for all members of the Reserve Unit.
- Unit Organization:
- The Lorenzo Police Reserve Unit is administered by the Lorenzo
- Three levels of authority exist within the Lorenzo Police
- Level I is the Field Training Program.
- Level II officers are granted limited police commissions
and authority. Level II Reserve Officers may ride with regular
officers, work as a two-officer reserve cover car or respond
to call outs and special details.
- Level III Reserve Officers have additional police
authority and may work in a single officer cover car.